Monday, June 23, 2008

Smiling

I'm trying to re-instate my 'early bird' ways. Chris and I have been talking about this a lot the past few days, about how much happier I am when I get up early and go out running - or at the very least, get some early morning quiet time to myself.

I set my internal alarm for 5:30, and despite having a less than stellar night's sleep, I managed to haul myself out at 5:30 as planned. I got ready, did my regular online checks, ate a little something, and headed out the door.

Oh yeah...that's right...I love my early morning runs. Somehow, whenever I stop doing it for a time, I seem to forget that fact. Early morning runs fill me with such a sense of peace, and stillness...an opportunity to be alone with my thoughts, allow optimism about the day ahead to reign...Sure, running later in the day is still great, but for some reason it's just not the same...

...and now that I've started my day off right, I'm ready to tackle anything that comes my way...

2 comments:

Debra-Dawn said...

wasn't it pouring buckets during your run?

:)

I got up at 5:35am (my external alarm) made me...

and it was POURING...

I had the most awesome crazy dream the other night and intend on turning it into a book...

early morning writing and working out might just be a reality for me soon....

:)

Mama S said...

Nope Deb, no rain yesterday, thankfully. Usually I don't let that stop me anyhow!! ;)