Monday, August 11, 2008

This morning

I had a good run this morning, the best I've had in a while in fact.

I've still been running, despite not really blogging about it, but the truth is that I haven't been tackling my running with the same enthusiasm that I once did. I guess it's only natural that there are rhythms and patterns to things like this. I feel like I may be getting myself back on track again, at least for a while.

Again I seemed to forget the joy that comes with a particularly satisfying run. I've been looking at it more as a "chore", something I know that I should do, for any number of reasons. In doing that, I'd forgotten the joy that is to be had in it. While the reasons I run are many, the reason I keep running is for the joy that it brings me.

As I sit here, enjoying the happy hum of muscles that have been challenged, it's easy to remember that joy. I just have to keep carrying that with me.

No comments: