Remember when life was simple?
I look at my girls sometimes and think, "you think that scrape on the side of your leg is the end of the world? Honey, you have NO IDEA....."
Of course, I wouldn't say that out loud. I want them to remain young and innocent and naive for as long as possible. Because I'd go back to that spot in a second if I could. The problem with being a kid is that you aren't able to truly appreciate it until it's all over.
Now, I have no illusions that life is supposed to be easy. I know that it's hard work. At least if you're doing things right. But at what point do you stop and say, "Enough is enough"? At what point do you accept the limitations on your life, and go in a different direction?
Dammit I wish I could throw a temper tantrum right now. That might make me feel worlds better.
Don't laugh. Works for my three year old, doesn't it?
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's what I rely on during bad days ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism
Anyway, I send you hugs and wish you well!
Post a Comment