As I think more and more about this whole idea of "cleaning house" (my mental, emotional, and spiritual 'house', that is), I am becoming increasingly aware of the importance of gathering close to me those people and things who ARE important in my life. And, I guess, an extension of that, is figuring out WHO those people really are. Because honestly, some of them aren't who I thought. And while that's disappointing in a way, it's also very freeing - to be at a point where I'm able to figure out who the people are who will really be there when things get tough (and it doesn't get much tougher than what I'm going through now, folks).
I'm seeing now that a great deal of the last 10 years was just an illusion..that things weren't really what they seemed. I feel like I am seeing more clearly than I have in years. It's an amazing feeling.
I still have a long way to go. A lot of things to figure out, a lot of things that need to be worked on and sorted out. But I'm on the right path now.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment