I officially signed up yesterday for the half marathon. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I took my sweet-ass time doing it, that's for sure. Truth be told, I was giving myself plenty of opportunity to back out, even though this is something that I really feel I need to do. It's been a hard year for me, and I need to prove to myself to that I'm willing to go out on a limb and do something good for myself.
Sometimes there's this constant war inside me, between the part that wants good for myself, and the part that tries to self-destruct. Right now 'good' is winning...for the time being. Hopefully that will continue. I like this feeling.
I'm taking the Victory Party into my own hands this year - we're having friends over for a BBQ after the marathon so we can party it up. For me, it's going to be much more a celebration of having survived the last year, and finally feeling like I'm on the way back up out of this hole I've been living in, rather than a celebration of running 21-k.
In either case, the result is going to be some yummy barbeque, some good friends, and hopefully even a beer or two. I certainly deserve that much.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment