Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

The first year I cried on my birthday was when I turned 12. Yeah, I know how crazy that sounds. For some reasons, my birthday always seems to trigger a feeling of panic, of time passing me by too quickly. I always want desperately to cling, to hang on to my life before it slips away from me.

Well, I ain't 12 anymore, now am I? Today I turn 34. Some days I look in the mirror and see an old lady looking back at me. I don't feel all that different on the inside - maybe a little more calloused, a little more cynical...but the outside is starting to show my 34 years.

It's feeling like it's slipping away from me before my very eyes.

Sorry for the downer, guys. Must be all the Cohen I've listened to in the last couple of days.

I'll work hard to pull myself up out of this and enjoy my day anyhow. On a positive note - I'm more than happy to be kissing 33 goodbye.

2 comments:

yofed said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm happy to hear I'm not alone to be a mess when I have a birthday... I waited until I was 21, though.

By the way, I had no idea you were "that old". I honestly thought you just turned 30!!! Well, you're probably the hottest 34 year old mama out there! ;)

Cheers!

Kyra said...

Happy Birthday Kelly - Hey I'm headed to the other side of 35 this year - relish being in your "early" thirties ! ;) Celebrate you!