Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gratitude!

Every now and again when I journal, I like to make lists of things that I am grateful for. It's a good reminder, particularly when I'm feeling bad, that there are always things to be thankful for. Today is a good day, I have many reasons to smile:

  • an early morning run in the fog
  • line-dried laundry
  • waking up to a tidy house
  • having quiet time (and doing pilates!) while the girls are watching a video
  • lunch with a friend
  • my sweet and wonderful hubby
  • my two beautiful daughters
  • an army of friends and supporters
  • feeling lighter, mentally and emotionally
  • a beautiful sunny spring day
It's so freeing to finally, finally, FINALLY start feeling like myself again....the "good self", who is able to smile and feel light and see the good in things, even on the not-so-good days. It's been a long time since I've been in touch with this side of myself.

It's good to be back.

No comments: