Ah, chickpeas...how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love you in soups and stews and salads.
I love you in hummus and dips and sandwiches.
I love you in curries and loafs and burgers and pasta.
I even love you in dessert.
I swear, I've never met a form of chickpea I didn't like. It's funny, I remember when I first ate chickpeas, as a teenager, in a bean dish made popular at family potlucks by my oldest sister. I hated them. In fact, I used to comment on what vulgar thing I'd rather do than eat a chickpea. I hated them with a passion, in fact.
I don't know what it was that changed my mind about those delicious little legumes, but something did. And I'm so happy about it! Since being (mostly) vegetarian for the last couple of years, chickpeas have become a staple in our house. We've tried them in pretty much every form - everything from appetizer to dessert, and have loved them pretty much every way we've tried. Yum!
Ah, chickpeas...is there anything you can't do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh! I'd love recipes!!! The only one I know is with spinach, onion and garlic... a sort of warm salad, I guess. ;)
And Happy Mother's Day!!!!
Post a Comment