Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Finally! A Post About Running

So yeah, I haven't been posting very much about running lately. The reason for this is that I haven't really been running all that much these past several months...certainly not as much in comparison with last year. This time last year, I was marathon-ready, and chomping at the bit to get out there and run the 42-k. This year, life got in the way and sadly, I simply wasn't able to train the way I needed to.

So I won't be running the full marathon this year.

I have decided, however, that I am going to do the half marathon. I've been wavering even on this point; it feels a bit like a failure in some ways, compared to last year. But when I look at it logically, I can see that with the limited time, opportunity, and motivation that I've had since January or so, the fact that I'm going to run 21-k should be something to be proud of. So I'm working hard on not comparing myself this year to myself last year, and simply focus on the fact that I'm doing the best that I can, right now, with the circumstances that arose.

It's not easy, it's definitely taking effort, but it's a good goal to work toward - the acceptance, not the 21-k. The acceptance and self-love part is a way bigger challenge.

9 days to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO MAMA S GO!

Kyra said...

A half marathon rocks! The fact that you're running, period, is great.
I miss running - and if my body would let me I'd come run with you - so go and enjoy what you're capable of!!
Way to go!