Monday, May 12, 2008

Putting It Out There

I wonder what the depression rate is for stay-at-home moms.

Yeah, it's an incredibly rewarding job, and I wouldn't trade it for any career out there, but it's incredibly draining and challenging at the same time. It's made even harder when trying to work through one's personal issues on top of meeting the incredible challenges of motherhood.

I'm not going to lie, I've been having a bad few months. Those who know all the details understand why. Those of you who don't know all the details, I can't really discuss it other than to say that I'm finding myself facing the core questions of who I am, how I got to be this person, who I ultimately want to be, and how the hell I'm going to go about getting there.

I'm sitting in a very frightening place. I am surrounded by people who love me and want the best for me, and I am very grateful for that. Yet, even with all that love and support, I am still struggling.

Please, those of you reading, send me your prayers, strength, warm vibes...whatever you can offer up to me. I need every bit of it I can get.

2 comments:

yofed said...

I send you all of that and cyber hugs!

I've been through depression before, and I know how hard it is. I wish I knew a magic cure, but all I can say is take good care of yourself and take it a day at a time. Good luck in your quest!

Anonymous said...

Hugs!!!!!!!
I've been fighting with depression for a long time. I'm not going to say that the road is easy, but when you have people around you that love you, it does make it easier. My prayers go out to you, and I'm here for you whenever you need a good giggle. The darkness will eventually subside, and you will be a better and stronger person because of it. I love you very much, and I'll cheer you on from the sidelines no matter what.
Mrs.B