Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Getting Outside My Own Head

I spent the morning at the playground with the girls and a friend and her little boy. It was just what I needed this morning, to get myself out of my own head for a little while, forget about feeling tired and down, and focus on the important things in life.

I find it all too easy to lose my focus sometimes. I'm very fortunate to have the girls, they are so grounding. When I'm fully tuned in and focused on them, all of the unimportant details of life have a way of just melting away. For a while this morning, nothing mattered but making the kids giggle, giving some big under-ducks, and amusing myself at the same time.

I feel grateful to at least have that ability to focus again. I can work through the other stuff, given time. Emma and Mo will only be little like this for so long. I have to keep that in the forefront of my mind at all time.

1 comment:

Legs and Wings said...

That's good news. Fresh air = fresh thinking.