Sunday, July 6, 2008

Life

Sometimes life seems to stay the same, on and on...then other times it moves at the speed of light, and changes so quickly that one day barely resembles the day before.

I look at my girls sometimes and I am shocked by the passage of time. I think back fondly to when Emma was an infant; all those lazy mornings cuddling in bed with her, enjoying her squirms and grins and giggles and desperately hoping that she would fall asleep again. It never occurred to me to really enjoy those moments, because they would be gone in the blink of an eye.

I'm feeling the need lately to slow down and enjoy every single second with these girls that I have; days like today will be over before I know it. I want to look back and see a life full of fond memories, rather than wishing I had the opportunity to do it all over again -- only differently this time.

I've only got one life, don't I? I need to enjoy it. I need to love as hard as I can. I need to appreciate the blessings that I have. I need to let those around me know how much they mean to me, and I need to learn how to be comfortable inside myself.

Some days this seems like a pretty tall order. Fortunately, today, it does not.

No comments: