Monday, July 28, 2008

Glorious Morning

This morning's run was absolutely glorious. It started out with a beautiful sunrise. The eastern sky was lit up with beautiful pinks and oranges.

About halfway through my run, I noticed that the sky had grown almost black. It began to rain. It was one of those amazing summer rains that I live for. I love the smell of the warm pavement when the first few drops begin to fall. It rained quite steadily, and I lifted up my face to the sky and enjoyed the raindrops falling softly on my cheeks and eyelids. I met the rain with a wide smile, happy to be here on this earth to be able to enjoy it. Nothing else mattered in those moments but the movement of my body, the sound of my breath, and the raindrops on my face.

It was truly a glorious, glorious morning.

No comments: