Thursday, July 24, 2008

Good Morning, World

I love how getting up early in the morning and running brings me to a place of such clear perspective. Sometimes it's like a fog is lifted from head (which is ironic this morning, considering it's one of those gray foggy mornings where the fog is so thick it's like a dense cloud of mist). This morning, right now, I feel clear-headed and focused (and that's even BEFORE any coffee! heh). It's a good day to be alive.

Yesterday morning while the girls and I were on the bus headed to the playground, I saw this little old lady on the bus. She looked frail - she had a walker, and something that looked like a whiplash collar around her neck...she obviously had difficulty getting around. She made small talk with another woman across the aisle about the weather (the sun was starting to come out) and the frail lady said, "It's the kind of day that makes you glad you're still here." Wow. That really struck me. THAT is the kind of old lady that I want to be - the one who can enjoy something as simple as a summer day that much. I'm sure it makes all the difference in life.

But for right now, I hear the call of the coffee. I need a cup. Or two. Or ten.

No comments: