Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Growing Older

Some times - usually early in the morning, or late at night - I look in the mirror and can see the age creeping onto my face. It's particularly obvious when I'm not wearing make-up (which is why I never leave the house without it. heh). Of course I'm supposed to look older now than when I was 19, but the changes happen so slowly that I don't notice them on a day-to-day basis. Then suddenly early one morning I look in the mirror and see that the frown lines and laugh lines are competing for real estate on face.

The day had to come, didn't it?

I don't particularly mind getting older all that match. I think of all that I've learned and experienced, and I'm so much happier with the person that I am now as compared to 10 or 15 years ago. Still, it's a little alarming to no longer have that youthful feeling of invincibility anymore. I very much feel my mortality these days. I'm not sure if that's helping to save me from the stupid stuff, or preventing me from taking more risks.

Of course, it's only inevitable that one day I'll take a close gander at my reflection and see that the frown lines and laugh lines have joined forces and are dancing the hula all over the place.

Ah well, hopefully by that time, medical science will have improved enough to help me out withOUT the aid of surgery.

And if not, there's always the "paper-bag-over-the-head" remedy. That one always works in a pinch. Although even a paper bag gets wrinkled eventually.

1 comment:

yofed said...

lol Don't worry, when it was your birthday, I didn't believe your age, I really thought you were turning 30! lol You're still looking great, girl!