Last night I had an interesting and intense dream.
I had a dream that I discovered that the house I was living in was attached to my mother's house. I had never noticed it before. My mother was so happy about this new realization and asked me to go into her (empty) house and get something for her (through a door that can only be described as a "secret passage").
I went into the house and looked around. Although it looked like the house I had grew up in superficially, upon closer inspection I was able see all of the things that were wrong with it. My mother wasn't the "perfect housekeeper" that I thought she was. There was mouldy food sitting around. The house was a mess. There was no one else in it but me, and yet, it had a "haunted" feeling about it. It wasn't the happy house that I remembered it being. It was like seeing a truth that I had been blinded to all my life. I remember feeling sad at what I saw, but at the same time, not surprised.
I turned around and came face to face with a huge rat. I wasn't exactly afraid of it, but I knew that it had to be gotten rid of. I chased it through the house to a spot where I finally got it cornered. I grabbed a broom and beat it to death. After a moment's hesitation I scooped up the carcass and threw it out of the house, feeling actually good about this accomplishment, even though it was something that I hadn't wanted to do. It needed to be done, and I was the only one there....and so I was the only one who could do it.
I find it so interesting how the human mind works, and the way that things pop up in the form of dreams. Very telling.....
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment