Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I really should be running.....

I've been having a difficult time lately finding the motivation to run. Not sure what's up with that. I guess partly it's just due to the fact that I have about a million and one things going on in my life right now. Of course, the ironic part really is that when I'm running, I'm much better equipped to deal with my life and everything in it when I am running. But those things drain my mental and emotional energy to the point where I don't WANT to run. It's a vicious circle, as you can see.

Tomorrow is the first "official" day of NOT back-to-school. We're going to make it a special day for the girls, take them out to a movie, have pancakes for supper (one of their favourite things EVER) and just generally celebrate the fact that Miss Emma is not going to school. Of course, she seems to be quite tickled these days that she's not going off to sit in a classroom, or at least, that's what she tells us. I hope that attitude continues for a long while to come.

I hope to write a little more in time to come about some of our special homeschooling projects that we hope to get under way. I think I might be more excited about some of them than the girls! heh Ah well, nothing like living vicariously through your kids, right?

1 comment:

yofed said...

Happy first not back to school day! :D

We wont really celebrate here, other than a playdate at the library with lots of toddlers and preschoolers. But I think we'll also have pancakes for supper!

Enjoy that beautiful, sunny day!