It occurred to me today that joy isn't something that's just going to fall out of the sky and land on my head like a giant seagull turd. Ah, if only life were like that.
After spending the last 24 hours or so actively doing things to bring myself joy, I am realizing that it's something that I actually have to go out there and look for. Maybe some days it will hide better than others, but hell, I can't find it if I never even look for it.
And so, my challenge to myself, starting today, is to do at least one thing, every single day, to bring myself joy...even if it's just the smallest, tiniest thing. I am going to out there and search for it. I know that there is lots more joy to be found than I've been experiencing lately...and I am the only person responsible for that.
Today has been great - I've had many moments of joy. One of those moments in particular was taking my neighbour's dog for a walk. I'm going to start taking her running with me sometimes, just for fun, and today was our first time out together, so we just walked mostly, just so we could get used to each other. It was amazing! It's been a while since I've owned a dog, and I'd forgotten how being around a dog can really make life seem so simple...when it comes to a dog, life is all about enjoyment. I was happy to share in her happiness today.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
An other great thing is to make a list of3 things you are thankful for every night, even little things do add up! ;)
Post a Comment