Friday, September 26, 2008

Sweet, Sweet Freedom......

I know that I'm pretty lucky when it comes to getting "kid free time". I'm realizing, more and more, how important that is to me. Not just important....but absolutely necessary. I love my girls dearly, I love being a mom more than anything...but I am simply a better mom when I get adequate time to do my own thing, think my own thoughts, and just be "me", rather than "mommy".

Tonight Chris and his friend Jon are taking the four girls overnight for their first sleepover ever!!!! Honestly, I think I might be more excited than the girls are. heh.

I get the whole house to myself, starting in about 30 minutes or so. I will tidy up a bit. I will go for a run, have a nice hot shower, some food by myself, and then I'm going to a yoga class with friends. Afterwards, we three ladies will relax and hang out and eat chocolate chip cookies until we're ready to bust. I will come home, sleep in a quiet, empty house, without any worries of small children crawling into bed with me, sliding their icy cold toes into my nether regions for warmth. In the morning I will get ready for the farmer's market in silence. Well, maybe not silence....there may be a little Prince blaring for some background sounds.

Okay, okay, okay....Prince...and some dancing in my underpants. Just because I can.

No comments: