Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ah, kids...

So tonight as I was making dinner I cranked the music and danced around the kitchen, singing loudly while I worked. Yes, yes I am in a good mood....thanks for noticing.

"Mommy, your tummy is showing," Miss E observed.

Um.....yeah. At that moment I may or may not have been swivelling my hips with my arms over my head. Picture something dirty dancing-eque but WAY less cool. WAY.

"Yes it is." I agreed, continuing to dance.

She started laughing hysterically. "It's all jiggly and wiggly."

Gee, Kid, thanks for the self-esteem boost.

"Is that so?" I asked, imagining (1988) Patrick Swayze pointing his sweaty body in my direction.

She crossed the room to give my (still-exposed) gyrating belly a pat. "Not in a bad way, in a funny way."

Wow. Keep it coming, girl. You're on a roll.

"Oh really?"

"It's just because you had babies in your belly."

That's right, kid. Just remember that, would ya? I've got YOU to thank for this...


So yeah...guess it's time to break out the old Pilates DVD. 'Cuz if my 5 year old is making comments, hell knows what Mr. Swayze would have to say....

1 comment:

yofed said...

That is both funny and sweet... at least she didn't say you were fat... Luca told me that, shortly after I had Amelia...

Your little E is a true sweetie!