Woke up this morning still feeling steeped in a negative funk. It didn't help matters that the woman who never has problems sleeping, couldn't sleep last night. I'm not sure what was going on there, althoughI don't think it had anything to do with being nervous about today's interview. Who knows what was going on there.
In any case, I'm trying this morning to pull myself up out of this funk. It's hard. I'm going to try and look at the good things...because I do have things to be grateful for.
- I feel better about the shopping expedition than I did last night. I actually have a choice of what to wear today, and a coffee date with a girlfriend this morning should help me make the final decision.
- Speaking of this girlfriend, a coffee date with her is always good. If nothing else it get my mind off my funk and get me filled up with even more caffeine, which always helps.
- I'm reminding myself that even though it's been a long time, I was always really good at job interviews "back in the day". It's not like I've got everything riding on this job. If I don't ultimately get it, at least having an interview is a) a good sign and b) good practice for "the" job when it does come along.
- Last night as I was getting offline I got a message from my neighbour who invited me out for a walk. We took her dogs out for a bit of a stroll and just chatted about whatever. I'm glad I'm getting to know her. She may not be the kind of person that I end up having a deep and intimate relationship, but she is a good person who seems to genuinely care, and since moving in, has had a good track record of somehow knowing when I need another human being around, and being there for me.
- Obama is President! If that's not a reason to smile, I don't know what is.
- This morning I had a nice (though short) chat with H. He gave me a sweet and gentle pep talk, which is exactly what I needed this morning. He's got a helluva lot of patience, and it seems to be in huge supply today. It's good to have that encouragement and feel like I've got him "in my corner". I'm trying hard to absorb his positivity and optimism (thank you for that!).
- Tonight is aquafit night! I haven't been there in a while so I'm going to try hard to make it. Even if I don't, I have plans for afterwards to hang out with a girlfriend and drink beer and chill out. I need that. Desperately.
So it's not all bad. I just had to take some time to sit down and look for the good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment