Saturday, November 15, 2008

Re-examining My Priorities

I've been thinking today about how it might be a good thing for me to "check out" a little bit. I believe I need some time to re-examine some of my thought processes and decisions in the last year or so. I'm not sure what any of this means at this point, however; I am a firm believer in taking time now and again to simply question yourself a little bit...figure out if you're still on the same page that you started out on.

Throughout everything I've been going through in the last while, I haven't really thought about what I wanted the end result to be. I've done a lot of thinking on my feet, reacting to what was happening in the moment. I think it's time to look a little further down the road.

So I may be taking a break even from here for a while, I'm not sure. I may welcome the opportunity to write down some of my thoughts, then again I may not feel able to, knowing who reads this blog, and wondering about a few others who may be reading it, too. Sometimes there is a huge comfort in complete anonymity, but that wasn't the vision that I had for this thing when I started it.

Again -- not a lot of projecting into the future, huh?

Ah well. Such is life sometimes. I just have to work with what I've got.

1 comment: