Today was perfection, weather-wise.
I believe it got up to 17 degrees here. Gray, mild, with a slight touch of a breeze. The smell of November was permeating everything. Days like today, feeling so overwhelmed by my physical senses, make me happy to be alive.
And well, that feeling of being happy to be alive makes me happier than anything else ever could. It wasn't that long ago when I doubted ever being able to see the simple beauty and joy in something like a fall day ever again. Sure, I still have my dark days. I still feel overwhelmed by the practical details of my life. There are still so many things that bring me joy...
- Hearing my daughters laugh uncontrollably.
- Friday night yoga.
- Red wine.
- Emails from H.
- Hearing H's voice on the phone.
- The Saturday morning farmer's market.
- The smell of autumn.
- Running.
- Early morning "snuggle and giggle time" in bed with the girls.
- Really good dark chocolate.
- Coffee! Let's not forget that one, shall we, people?
- 80s music.
- Funky socks.
- Naps.
- Newborn baby sounds.
- The feeling of drifting off into a peaceful sleep.
- A good conversation with a friend. I am lucky to have so many.
- Seeing the happy gleam in my little girl's eyes, knowing that I had something to do with putting it there.
- Dancing in the rain, and feeling the rain drops on my cheeks and eyelids.
- The late afternoon summer sun.
- Seeing the sun rise.
- A beautiful full silvery moon.
- The country sky at night.
- Writing.
- Laughing until my sides ache and tears squeeze out of my eyes.
- Snuggling under a warm blanket.
So many simple things...these are just the ones off the top of my head. I know if I went digging further I could find lots more...and it's a good feeling to know that I have so many things in my life that do bring me joy. I need to remind myself of all these things on the shitty days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment