Sunday, November 16, 2008

One of Those Days....

What's worse than a rainy Sunday afternoon?

Possibly nothing.

I'm having one of those days that I'm not particularly proud of as a parent. In essence, I am sitting here waiting for the day to be over...I don't feel like doing much of anything.

I had a game of checkers with Em, the girls had a video, I read them some stories...and now they're crawling around on the floor pretending to be puppies and generally driving me nuts.

Why isn't the little girl next door home today? If I ever needed that kid to take some of the pressure off me, today is the day.

I know that other parents have days like this one, too, but whenever it happens to me, I always feel overcome with massive feelings of guilt. I should be supermom! I should have a million and one "rainy day" activities planned for the girls! I should be keeping them (and me!) so busy that the day just literally flies by, and then at the end of it, I can tuck them into their beds and they'll drift off into a peaceful, self-satisfied slumber.

The reality is that I'm going to try and avoid them for as long as I can, they'll probably bicker 78 times, and then not want to go to bed when the time comes.

So much for that "Mother of the Year" award.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

personally, i think the fact that you recognize this mood you are in makes you a better parent than most.

but thats just me.

and btw, even supermoms have bad days.

peace

xoxo

yofed said...

Don't go read my blog today, then! ;) Seriously, today was full of all kind of stuff here, but usually, it is more similar to what you described.

Don't feel bad, you're a great mom and we all know it! You daughters are awesome, and so are you!