Today was a pretty good day, all things considered. We were supposed to have a playdate with some other homeschoolers, but that fell through when Miss E woke up this morning, feeling crummy (after we 3 girls had a bit of a sleep in). She came to me and very nicely informed me that she wasn't feeling well from her cold, and thought that it would be best if we stayed at home and had a quiet day, instead of going to our playdate. She said she felt like she needed to just stay in her pjs all day and not do much of anything.
And really, who am I to argue with that?
So it was a quiet day indeed. I got to chat on msn with H. The girls and I hung out and read some books. We enjoyed some dancing and a bit of "tickle time". The girls had a little extra videos. E had a nice long hot bath. I got some cleaning done, sent off my resume for another job, and even managed a little yoga for good measure, and a bit of snuggle time on the couch with the little sickie. I know that lazy days like these are numbered, and soon life is going to be changing dramatically for all 3 of us....so it's good that we were able to enjoy it.
A lot of today was spent simply enjoying the moment as I was in it...and it was good to be able to do that, since so much of my life these days is spent worrying about the future. The thing about the future is that it's coming...and there's nothing I can do about that, besides truly live each day as it arrives.
And after today, I'm feeling a lot more equipped to be able to do that. So tonight, I'm smiling. I've been doing a lot of that today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i think miss E knows what mom needs more than mom does :)
just an observation.. carry on
xoxox
Awww, sounds like a perfect day to me! Even though we missed you, of course!
Post a Comment