I'm siiiiiiiiiiiick.
I got sick almost 2 weeks ago now, with a cold, and I really thought that I was on the mend. The hacking was almost gone, my tissue consumption was down to practically nothing. And now, today, out of the blue, my throat has gotten incredibly sore once again, my head aches, and my body feels like I've been trampled repeatedly by a gang of wayward children hell bent on murder.
The worst part is the whining.
Granted, I'm only whining in my own head (and now here - my lucky audience), but the whining is what's getting to me. I am sick of being sick!!!! What I really need right now is some tea, a nice hot bath, a neck rub ('cuz you know that's not all better yet either) and a nice snuggle on a couch with someone warm and watch a movie.
Instead, I'm probably going to find myself settling for the rest of that box of Girl Guide cookies, some downloaded t.v. and ratty blanket to snuggle with. If I'm lucky the muscle relaxers for my neck will help me be able to go to sleep early and get a little rest.
I really suck at this taking care of myself thing. I'm used to having someone around telling me how to do that.
Being a responsible grown up sometimes really sucks.
2 comments:
You sound like Luca!!! He had a cold too, 2 weeks ago (well, 11 days), it almost completely dissapeared, and suddenly, he is sick again today! Nothing big, but still!
Sending hugs your way!
Oh GAWD. Me too. I am on day 7. Alot better, but hacking away. I hate it. HATE it. I hope you get better soon.
Post a Comment