Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Rant to end all Rants....

I am beyond foul right now. I haven't felt this effin cranky in a verrrrrry long time.

I.hate.the.mall.

I just got back from shopping for something to wear on my job interview tomorrow.

It has put me in the foulest of foul moods.

Where to start even?

Well, let's start with the fact that I have been a stay at home mom for the last five and a half years. My attire has consisted of whatever happens to be clean and comfortable. Now sure, I don't go around dressed like a slob, but neither am I one of the "yummy mummies" in perfectly coordinated outfits, either. I haven't worked in an office in five and a half years. I haven't had to think (or even CARE) about what is appropriate "office wear".

I felt like a complete fish out of water trying to figure out what to cover my ass with.

And speaking of asses, my lack of running has defintely caught up with me. I've got a huge ass, back fat, jiggly arms, and a muffin top. Nothing like trying on new clothes to accentuate all those positives.

I shouldn't have shopped alone - that was my first mistake. I guess I figured that I would be able to just go in there, grab something, and leave. It was as the first hour passed that I felt my energy get up and take a hike. I was overheated, dehydrated, and wearing the wrong bra. Every pair of pants gave me the world's biggest wedgie and I couldn't decide if I should lean toward conservative and feel like a complete fraud, or go for what I truly liked and risk scaring my potential employers away.

I ended up somewhere in the middle of the two (I think) and spending way too much money on something that I don't like enough for the amount of money I spent, and I'm not even sure if it's appropriate.

I hate this.

My earlier enthusiasm that I felt for this job interview has totally gone out the window. I feel like crawling into bed and snuggling up with an entire box of Girl Guide cookies. But that ain't gonna help my muffin top any, now is it????

Screw it all. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

yofed said...

I'm sorry, I must admit I giggled!!! I feel the same whenever I go to the mall! There is only one store where I do find pants and jeans that fit my body, and the rest always looks too skanky, or make me look fat (even when I'm not!!)

Malls are evil. Have some chocolate ;)