Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Crystal Ball...

Today I find myself wishing for a crystal ball to see into the future. I'm not trying to wish my life away; despite recent stresses there is much that I have that I am enjoying and cherishing right now. I will be happy when the stress subsides and some details of my life are settled, but I am still able to see the good things, for when I take the time to look closely, I am able to see that the good things are plentiful.

I do have a lot of anxiety about the future, and if I had the ability, I would certainly want to look into the future and see what it holds in store for me. Part of what's difficult about life right now is simply the uncertainty of it all. At least if I knew what was coming, then I could prepare myself a bit better.

I hate being blindsided.

But, when I take a minute to stop and think about it, I guess that's what life is about, the fact that we don't know what the future has in store for us. We're forced to plan as best we can, live well, and roll with the punches. Because no matter how much we plan, no matter how prepared we think we might be, the truth is that we can never be fully prepared. Life is full of many unexpected twists and turns.

Hm. I'm not entirely sure if that thought helps or hinders my mood right now.

No comments: