Monday, October 13, 2008

Laughter

I love to laugh. I am one of those people who laugh frequently and easily. There is much in this world that amuses me. And when it does, I rarely hold it back.

I know that I am a person given to intensity. I feel intensely. That means that I feel the negative stuff intensely - anger, sorrow, loss...my heart has felt like it's ripped in two many times in my life.

On the flip side, this intensit of emotion allows me to feel the positive stuff intensely, too. And when I have moments of feeling intensely joyful, then it makes the negative stuff seem worth it, in a way. Because I know that if I lacked that intensity of spirit, then I would never feel intensely happy.

Tonight I laughed until my sides ached and tears squeezed out of the corners of my eyes. Sure, there's lots of stress in my life right now, but in those moments of joy I experienced tonight, the stress was the last thing on my mind. And now in the aftermath of the laughter, the stress seems a little bit smaller, a little less important.

I'm very grateful for the people in my laugh who are able to help me remember that there will always be things worth laughing about. Even if it's just sitting around and being an ass for a little while.

Heh. I think I feel another case of the giggles coming on...

Thanks for the laughter. I needed it.

No comments: