Every Saturday morning for more than the past year, I've been going to the Farmer's Market. I know I've written about it several times before, about it being a source of spiritual rejuvenation for me. I LOVE THE FARMER'S MARKET. 'Nuff said about that.
Every week when I go there, pretty much the first thing that I do is grab a coffee. Yeah, it's early, I've usually been up late the night before, and y'all know my love affair with coffee. I write about that even more than I write about how much I looooooooove the market.
There's this guy who works there who never fails to brighten up my morning. We hardly ever speak to one another, but he offers me the simplest thing in the world - a smile. Very friendly and just slightly flirty. Just enough to get me to smile back in the same way as I head off, coffee in hand. It's one of the things that I look forward to on Saturday mornings, that smile of his. It's all part of my Saturday mornings now, even though I don't give him a second thought the whole rest of the week. In fact when he wasn't there last week, I noticed.
It occurred to me today how important such a small gesture can be to someone else. I'm sure he has no idea that he helps brighten my Saturday mornings. I, myself, am a very smiley person, and I enjoy spreading my own happiness to other people. I hope that others are just as aware of it as I am.
So to everyone reading this, my suggestion to you is to simply smile at others when the mood strikes you...you never know whose day you might help brighten, whose life you might change. It's the simplest of gestures, but it can change the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment