It's absolutely true that it's not until you're going through a crisis that you find out who your real friends are. And the end of a 10 year relationship would certainly qualify as a crisis.
I've had some amazing incidents of love and support over the last several months. I suspect that there are some people out there who have no idea how much their kind words, emails, glasses of wine, reaching out, hugs and support have really meant to me. Even from those of you who might not necessarily understand some of my decisions...I have felt your care and concern for me through all of this. The truly interesting part in all of this is that there seems to be no correlation even between how well or even how long I've known some people.
Of course, the flip side of that is finding out who your real friends aren't. And while that's disappointing, I'd rather know the truth than believe in something that is based on incorrect assumptions and misinterpretations.
So to my friends - the ones who have given me even the smallest of gestures over the last few months, I thank you. You know who you are...and I love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment