So, I'm job hunting.
And it sucks.
I'm actually looking forward to having a bit of a job. I crave "grown up time" and I think that having an identity out of the house will be good for me. It's not the job that I object to, just the hunting part.
I'm a little frustrated in that I already have a feeling that I'm going to have to settle for a crappy job that I don't love. Maybe not even like. I actually had a pretty good full time job before kids, working as an administrative assistant at one of the universities. It didn't challenge my brain very much, but I had some pretty decent co-workers, it wasn't terribly difficult, and it paid the bills. I didn't realize how lucky I was with that job at the time. Looking back on it now, I can see that it was better than it felt back then.
Ah well. Once again, life takes me down a path that I didn't exactly expect.
So I'm looking for a job that I can do on evenings and weekends, that will allow me to be at home during the day with the girls to keep homeschooling. Not sure how long this arrangement is going to last. C and I have to discuss what's going to happen long-term, when it comes to homeschooling and other previous plans that we'd had. I hate even the thought of giving up on homeschooling, but to be honest, I'm not sure how it's going to work from merely a practical viewpoint. I've gotta eat, after all.
So yeah...first thing's first. Finding a job for the time being to haul in some money while we work on a long term course of action. I'm trying hard to not look too far down the road and get stressed out about things that I can't control.
Heh. Easier said than done.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment