This morning after all the gifts were unwrapped and Christmas morning pancakes were eaten, I decided to give myself a little gift - I got ready and went for a run.
It's a beautiful day out there. It's incredibly mild, the sun is shining, the streets are pretty quiet. I just went for a short 5 k, but it was so wonderful to do it. It wasn't done out of guilt, it wasn't done out of a worry about the calories from the turkey dinner later to come. I didn't do it because I "should" do it....I did it purely as a gift to myself. A gift of quiet and physical exertion and time to think and just be alone with myself. I had my tunes and I just ran...for the pure joy of it...something I haven't been making enough time for this past year.
I did a lot of thinking....thinking about this past year, where I was a year ago compared to where I am right now. I still have a lot of work to do in order to get where I want to be, but I feel like I'm on the right road...and it's very exciting. This morning's gift to myself was a symbol of my commitment to myself to keep moving in a positive direction.
Today I gave a gift of love....to me. From me.
The best gift I've received this Christmas.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment