Monday, December 8, 2008

Disappointment

Let's face it, people, break-ups are ugly. I mean, even though my break up with C wasn't particularly ugly, it has it's days when it certainly goes down that road.

Today was one of them.

I'm not going to go into specifics; we've got mutual friends who read this blog and so that's just not cool.

One of the things I'm thinking about tonight is the "residual ugliness" that comes along with a break up. Specifically, the division of friends.

You hear about that phenomenon....when mutual friends "take sides", or are uncomfortable with one partner or the other for whatever reason. Tonight I'm feeling the sting of that. I'm feeling a lot of disappointment...disappointment in people that I thought were above that kind of thing. People that I believed in more than I've ever believed in anyone. It's hard not to take it personally. Again, no details, but I'm feeling pretty "out in the cold"...to the point where if it weren't for the girls, I'm probably pack my bags and leave the city. And that's a pretty crappy feeling.

I guess that's the danger in putting people up on a pedestal. We're all just human after all.

1 comment:

Debra-Dawn said...

i know that when kyle and i broke up everyone thought that i was evil.

EVERYONE thought that he was perfect in everyway a husband could be and i was CRAZY for tossing him aside...

they even probably thought that he was better off without me and that i could never do better than him...

you could not convince these people (my friends and my family) that he had hurt me... time and time and time again... to the point that i couldnt stand to be around his lying face...

and yet,

here we are,

trying to make it work...

he doesnt lie anymore...

and i have outloud decided to disown his family....

:)

Life is good now....

We never had any mutual friends so i am not sure what you are going through... but i am smart eknow that when our friends have broken up... i remain friends with BOTH... because there are always two sides...

and until you live it...

maybe you always see in black and white and not in gray...