Friday, October 3, 2008

Strong Women

I've been thinking lately about examples of strong women. I have several of them in my own life, women that I look up to and admire. They haven't necessarily done anything amazing or special, other than being positive, living life to the fullest, and following their dreams.

Come to think of it, that's pretty amazing and special right there.

I've been making a lot of changes in my life in the last little while. Many of them have been difficult - such as choosing to end my marriage. But despite the difficulties, I do feel as though I am on the right path in life, and going in the direction that I am supposed to be going. And on the days when I feel uncertain about myself and my choices, I take a moment to think of these strong women I know, and draw on that strength a little bit.

Because it really does take a lot of courage to chase after your own happiness. I'm realizing that now.


2 comments:

yofed said...

*HUGS*

I'm wishing you the best, honey!

herman said...

wow, that's a good version of that song. old tina rules!